Biochemistry and Macromolecules Unit Bundle Google Slides
Let me help a little with your lesson planning. These Biochemistry and Macromolecules Google Slides are ready-to-use and virtually no prep – just assign to your Google Classroom! They are packed with engaging activities, and every lesson comes with a self-grading Google Forms Quiz.
Biochemistry and macromolecules can seem a bit “dull” or “dry” – these Google Slides bring this unit to life for your students!
Colorful and interactive, the Google Slides are packed with fun activities designed with custom clipart. Your students will be engaged and active in their learning. Every lesson comes with full answers and a self-grading Google Forms quiz. Tasks are clearly explained, along with digital tips so you can focus on teaching. A teacher guidance document will take you through everything you need to get started.
These are no prep resources – simply assign to Google Classroom.
My Biochemistry and Macromolecules Google Slides Unit Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: engaging and interactive activities for every lesson – these are provided as both individual lessons (for teachers who wish to assign lessons one-by-one) or as a whole digital interactive notebook (for teachers who wish to assign the whole unit in one notebook) – choose the format that works best for you and your students
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quizzes: 7 self-grading quizzes to let you easily check student progress. Questions are supported by images where suitable
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use these resources – there is also some guidance to help you decide if you want to use the whole digital INB or the individual lessons
- Chemistry of Life – Basic Chemistry Review: structure of an atom, elements, compounds and mixtures, covalent and ionic bonding with examples, organic molecules / macromolecules introduction – importance of carbon, functional groups – names, structures, formula and properties
- Carbohydrates: function of carbohydrates, monomers and polymers, monosaccharides, disaccharides, polysaccharides – linking structure to function, dehydration synthesis and hydrolysis reactions, isomers
- Lipids: fatty acids – structure, functional groups, saturated vs unsaturated, cis and trans fatty acids, Triglycerides – formation by condensation reaction, structure and function in the body, Phospholipids – structure and function in cells – brief look at the function of the cell membrane, Waxes and steroids – structure and function – examples of each, Cholesterol (a steroid) – LDL and HDL cholesterol, effect of too much cholesterol on diseases
- Proteins: amino acids – molecular structure and functional groups, essential amino acids, primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary protein structure, functions and examples of proteins, protein misfolding/prions – impact of this on disease
- Nucleic Acids: molecular structure of nucleotides, comparison of ribose and deoxyribose sugars, and simplified diagrams, structure of DNA and RNA – purines and pyrimidines, bonds involved, base pairing rules, functions of DNA and RNA
- Properties of Water: structure of water – elements, bonding, molecular structure, properties of water and importance of each one to living things. Including: polarity, solvent, cohesion, adhesion, density, high specific heat capacity, high latent heat of vaporization
- Enzymes: their role as a biological catalyst, activation energy graph, denaturation: causes and impact on enzyme action, lock and key and induced fit models of enzyme action, environmental factors that impact enzyme function. Including: pH, temperature, substrate concentration, enzyme concentration, competitive and non-competitive inhibitors, cofactors and coenzymes
- *BUNDLE EXCLUSIVE* Macromolecule summary slides: the whole unit digital interactive notebook has bonus slides to summarize and compare the four key macromolecules. These include a drag & drop comparison table and a summary crossword puzzle!
Benefits of my Google Slides Activities and Quizzes:
- They are practically zero prep – simply check over the slides and assign to Google Classroom
- They promote independence – students can get stuck into tasks quickly
- With vibrant colors and illustrations, students can really visualize the topic and interact with it
- Students will develop their technical skills through interactive tasks
- They bring technology into the classroom in an accessible and easy way, with clear instructions for teachers and students
Get rigorous and fun lessons for your biochemistry and macromolecules unit at amazing value!
How do I use the Google Slides and Quizzes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDFs to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quizzes to your students on Google Classroom
Et voilà, your lesson prep is done!
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. There are some links to YouTube videos – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Get ahead on your lesson planning with this unit of activities and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.
Leave a Reply