Looking for a way to make carbohydrates more exciting in class? My interactive Google Slides and fun Doodle Notes will help bring this macromolecule to life for students. Plus a self-grading Google Forms Quiz so you can skip the boring grading!
These resources will help make carbohydrates a little less boring and a little more engaging!
Google Slides activities, Google Forms Quiz and Doodle Notes for Carbohydrates. Activities include match ups, complete the sentence, build a polymer and more. Students will learn about the structure, function and formation of the different types of carbohydrates.
Once students have completed the Google Slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework assignment. And these is a self-grading Google Forms Quiz so you can easily assess student progress. Images are used to support questions and increase engagement.
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Carbohydrates Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 17 slides of engaging activities, including a root words table, building a polymer, completing sentences of key info, comparing monosaccharides, researching disaccharides – plus more!
- Answers: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress.
- Doodle Notes: 2 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- Elements in carbohydrates
- Function of carbohydrates
- Root words (useful for a whole unit on macromolecules)
- Monomers and polymers
- Polysaccharides – linking structure to function
- Dehydration synthesis and hydrolysis reactions
- Carbohydrates in food
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. There is a link to a YouTube video (not necessary for the activities but a nice introduction) – please check YouTube is not restricted in your school. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again? Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.