DNA Unit Bundle Doodle Notes
A firm student favorite! This bundle of Doodle Notes is perfect for your DNA unit – covering protein synthesis, DNA replication and more. They are ready to use – download and print today.
Save your time and energy with this low prep bundle of Doodle Notes.
This unit covers the structure of DNA, DNA replication, protein synthesis, mutations and regulation of gene expression. Clear images are used to bring these processes to life for your students. They will love adding their own notes and doodles!
My Doodle Notes provide easy differentiation options, with open response and fill-in-the-blank versions. There are even color versions for using them digitally!
They are a great resource for sub plans, test prep, or a homework assignment.
Each set of Doodle Notes includes:
- An open response version for higher challenge
- A scaffolded version for support with fill-in-the-blanks
- Black and white versions, perfect for coloring in
- Colored versions
- A handy how-to-guide to get you started with Doodle Notes
- The Structure of DNA: Location & structure of DNA – components of a nucleotide, complementary base pairs, bonding, double helix, DNA studies and discoveries – Miescher, Levene, Chargaff, Watson & Crick (mention of Franklin but not covered in depth), Application of Chargaff’s rule
- DNA Replication: Why DNA replication happens, the process of DNA replication – enzymes and molecules included: helicase, topoisomerase, single-stranded binding proteins, RNA primase, primers, DNA polymerase, exonuclease, ligase. (note that I have structured the slides so that you can delete any stages and labels for enzymes that aren’t required for your curriculum), why DNA replication is semi-conservative
- Protein Synthesis: Structure of RNA, comparison of RNA to DNA, what protein synthesis is and why it is important, the process of protein synthesis: transcription and translation, using mRNA codon charts to work out amino acids
- Mutations: DNA mutations: substitution, insertion and deletions. Effects of mutations: silent mutations, nonsense mutations, missense mutations. Chromosomal mutations: aneuploidy, translocation, duplication, inversion and deletion
- Regulation of Gene Expression: What it is and why it is important, mechanisms of regulating gene expression: transcription factors, DNA methylation, histone acetylation, operons – with the example of the lac operon, interfering RNA.
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your review lessons are ready to go!
Please note: These resources are digital downloads – no physical products will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this unit of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.