Evidence for Evolution Google Slides
You students will love dragging and dropping fossils into age order, color coding bones, comparing DNA sequences, and more! These activities are an amazing way for students to learn about the evidence for evolution. And they are no prep – just assign on Google Classroom!
Save hours of your time and let me do the lesson planning for you!
These Google Slides Activities are a great way for students to learn about the evidence for evolution. Each piece of evidence is introduced with a passage of text with custom clipart to help students visualize it. There are a variety of follow-up activities, including a drag and drop fossil sort, labelling embryos, showing the development of antibiotic resistance in bacteria, and much more! There’s also a fun summary crossword to review key terms.
My digital INBs are easy to use in your classroom, with activities clearly explained and technical tips included on the side of slides, so you can focus on teaching. All you need to do is assign them on Google Classroom!
There are answer slides and a Google Forms Quiz to check student progress. This is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
- Homologous, analogous and vestigial structures
- Embryonic development patterns
- Molecular evidence (genome sequencing and comparison of DNA)
My Evidence of Evolution Google Slides Activities and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 25 slides of engaging activities, including:
- passages of text for each type of evidence
- identifying structures as homologous, analogous or vestigial
- a fossil sort
- comparing DNA sequences
- a research task and questions
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some of the questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
And that is it, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Evidence for Evolution Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
You’re tired, stressed and have lesson prep to do for tomorrow. You deserve a break. Get this ready-to-use lesson and take the evening off for yourself.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.