Evolution and Natural Selection Google Slides
Your students will love writing their evolution storyboards, dragging and dropping moths onto trees, completing word fills, and more! These are no prep Google Slides, ready to use for your evolution and natural selection lesson.
Skip lesson planning and give yourself a break, with my ready to use evolution and natural selection Google Slides!
Evolution is a wonderful topic that can really be brought to life for your students with these Google Slides. They are packed with fun activities, including a storyboard of how giraffes evolved to have long necks, an article about Darwin and his voyage, and interactive questions about the peppered moth! More challenging material is also covered, including types of selection and other mechanisms of evolution, perfect for higher grades and AP Biology.
There are answer slides and a Google Forms Quiz to check student progress. This is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you – yippee!
- Definition of evolution
- The story of Charles Darwin – Alfred Wallace is also mentioned
- The theory of natural selection – process and examples
- Types of selection – stabilizing, directional and disruptive
- Other mechanisms of evolution – genetic drift (including the founder and bottleneck effects) and gene flow.
Note: students should have an understanding of genetics and heredity, including genes, alleles, mutations and meiosis.
My Evolution and Natural Selection Google Slides and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 26 slides of engaging activities, including:
- an article about Darwin
- natural selection video
- storyboard example
- research task on the types of selection
- true or false summary
- drag and drop to create examples of genetic drift and gene flow
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some of the questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
Et voilà, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Evolution and Natural Selection Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. There are two videos that are hosted on YouTube – please check that YouTube is enabled by your school/district before completing your purchase. There is also a link to for the research task on types of selection – please check your students can access that or that you have an alternative if they cannot. The answers can be edited.
You’re busy juggling a million things – let me take lesson planning off your plate. Download my ready to use resources instantly and get your time back.