Review food chains and food webs with these fun differentiated Doodle Notes.
Your students will love the illustrations that bring ecology to life! These Doodle Notes are succinct, engaging, and cover a variety of concepts, including trophic levels, energy pyramids, construction of food webs, and more.
There are multiple versions of the notes for easy differentiation. Use the scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks version to support students, or the open response version to challenge students. And the color version can be used for digital assignments, with a PDF markup tool like Kami.
My Doodle Notes are low prep – just print and go! They work great for reviews, sub plans, homework assignments, and test prep. There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students, or let them check their answers.
- Levels of food chains
- Keywords: autotroph, heterotroph, producer, consumer, decomposer, predator, herbivore, carnivore, omnivore, apex predator
- Energy pyramids – structure, trophic levels, 10% energy transfer rule
- How energy is lost from one trophic level to the next
- Construction of food webs
- Impact of species loss on an ecosystem
My Food Chains and Food Webs Doodle Notes include:
- 2 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A completed example
- An answer key presentation – Google Slides & Powerpoint options
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Would you love to have Google Slides activities for this lesson? You can get them and my doodle notes in my Food Chains and Webs Bundle for extra value!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.