Introduction to Ecology Doodle Notes
Introduce your students to the main concepts of ecology with these fun Doodle Notes! Bright images help students understand the levels of organization in ecology, abiotic and biotic factors, and more. These are low prep – just print a class set and you are done!
These engaging ecology doodle notes are a perfect introduction to an ecology unit.
They cover the characteristics of life, biotic and abiotic factors, and levels of ecological organization. Fun doodles are used to illustrate concepts and bring these to life for students. Doodle Notes are a firm student favorite!
There are multiple versions so you can easily differentiate for your students. Choose from the scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks version to support students, or the open response version to challenge students. There is also a version with fewer doodles, to let doodle-loving students add their own drawings! And you can use the color versions for digital assignments.
My Doodle Notes are low prep – just print and go! There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students, or let them check their answers.
- What ecology is and why it is important to study it
- Characteristics of life
- Biotic and abiotic factors in ecosystems – looking at the example of a pond ecosystem
- Levels of ecological organization – organisms, populations, communities, ecosystems and the biosphere – looking at the example of a savannah ecosystem
My Introduction to Ecology Doodle Notes include:
- 3 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A “fewer doodles” version – black and white only
- A completed example
- An answer key presentation – Google Slides & Powerpoint options
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Would you love to have Google Slides activities for this lesson? You can get them and my doodle notes in my Introduction to Ecology Bundle for extra value!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.