Mutations Doodle Notes
These Doodle Notes are the perfect low prep review for mutations – just print a class set and you are ready to go! These are great for helping students visualize mutations and their impacts.
These Mutations Doodle Notes are perfect for reviewing everything about DNA and chromosomal mutations. They cover what mutations are, how they happen, and the three main types: substitution, insertion and deletion. They’ll practice with examples of each and explore the effects of each, with fun doodles to illustrate 1) missense, 2) silent, 3) frameshift, and 4) nonsense mutations. They’ll also take a look at the impact of these on the organism with examples. Chromosomal mutations are also covered so students are aware these also exist.
There are multiple versions of the doodle notes, including open response and scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks for easy differentiation.
My Doodle Notes are low prep – just print and go! There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students or let them check their answers.
- DNA mutations: substitution, insertion and deletion
- Effects of mutations: silent mutations, nonsense mutations, missense mutations and frameshift mutations *see note below
- Chromosomal mutations: aneuploidy, polyploidy, translocation, duplication, inversion and deletion
*PLEASE NOTE: your students must have covered protein synthesis (transcription and translation) to be able to access and understand mutations – if you haven’t covered this yet, you can and view my protein synthesis Doodle Notes h
My Mutations Doodle Notes include:
- 4 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A completed example
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Would you love to have Google Slides activities for this lesson? You can get them and my doodle notes in my Mutations Bundle for extra value!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.