Nucleic Acids Bundle
Do you need a lesson for tomorrow? Skip the prep with my nucleic acids bundle. Fun Google Slides activities, engaging Doodle Notes and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz – ready to download at the click of a button!
A fun bundle of resources for your nucleic acids lesson!
These low prep activities are a great addition to your biomolecules / macromolecules unit. Students will learn about DNA and RNA nucleotides and how these build up into nucleic acids. The Google Slides have engaging activities like drag and drop to create a nucleotide, color coding bases, sorting statements into DNA or RNA columns, and more. Text passages include key information.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Then you can easily assess student progress with the self-grading Google Forms Quiz. There are images to support some questions and increase engagement.
There are answer slides and with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Nucleic Acids Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 14 slides of engaging activities, including:
- building DNA and RNA nucleotides
- identifying missing bases
- highlighting passages of key information
- describing the function of RNA and DNA
- sorting statements into the correct nucleic acid
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. There are 10 questions in total.
- Doodle Notes: 2 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- Structure of nucleotides – molecular structure, comparison of ribose and deoxyribose sugars, and simplified diagrams
- Structure of DNA and RNA – purines and pyrimindines, bonds involved in forming the polymers, base pairing rules
- Similarities and differences between DNA and RNA
- Functions of DNA and RNA
- *Please note that there is some overlap of content with my “Structure of DNA DINB & Quiz“, which is part of the DNA and Protein Synthesis Unit. In my opinion, it is worth covering both lessons to reinforce how DNA is structured (a pretty important concept in Biology)! There is some additional content covered here, e.g. the molecular structure of nucleotides.
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it, your lesson prep is done – easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Is it Friday yet? Get this ready-to-use lesson and make your week a little bit easier!
Leave a Reply