Nucleic Acids Google Slides
Your students will love using drag and drop to build their own nucleic acids! These Google Slides activities are varied and fun – AND no prep for you!
Engage your students in their learning with these fun Nucleic Acids Google Slides!
They’ll build their own DNA and RNA nucleotides, color code bases, describe the functions of these macromolecules and more. This is a great addition to a biomolecules / biochemistry unit. Any digital skills required for activities are explained within the slides, so students can focus on their learning while improving their technical skills.
Best of all, this digital INB is zero prep – simply assign on Google Classroom.
Animated answer slides are included for you, and there is a Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress. It’s self-grading – yippee!
- Structure of nucleotides – molecular structure, comparison of ribose and deoxyribose sugars, and simplified diagrams
- Structure of DNA and RNA – purines and pyrimindines, bonds involved in forming the polymers, base pairing rules
- Similarities and differences between DNA and RNA
- Functions of DNA and RNA
- *Please note that there is some overlap of content with my “Structure of DNA DINB & Quiz“, which is part of the DNA and Protein Synthesis Unit. In my opinion, it is worth covering both lessons to reinforce how DNA is structured (a pretty important part of Biology)! There is some additional content covered here, e.g. the molecular structure of nucleotides.
- Student Google Slides Activities: 14 slides of engaging activities, including:
- building DNA and RNA nucleotides
- identifying missing bases
- highlighting passages of key info
- describing the function of RNA and DNA
- sorting statements into the correct nucleic acid
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work.
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. There are 10 questions in total.
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource.
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
Now, sit back and relax – your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Nucleic Acids Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
The curriculum your school provided is boring… but that doesn’t mean you have to spend all of your own free time planning lessons. Get this ready-to-use lesson and take a break from school work!
Leave a Reply