Photosynthesis Doodle Notes
Need a review for photosynthesis? These Doodle Notes are bright, engaging and ready to use! They cover the basics of photosynthesis, with clear images to help students understand this process.
Bright and engaging photosynthesis Doodle Notes!
These scaffolded notes are perfect for reviewing the main concepts of photosynthesis. They focus on the big picture – the importance of photosynthesis, word and symbol equations, structures of the leaf and chloroplasts, plus more! There are multiple versions for easy differentiation. Use the fill-in-the-blanks version to support students or the open response version to increase challenge. Assign the color versions for digital learning with a PDF editor like Kami or print them for high engagement.
My Doodle Notes are zero prep – just print and go! There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students or let them check their answers.
- Evolution of photosynthesis
- Autotrophs and heterotrophs
- The process of photosynthesis (basic)
- Word and symbol equations for photosynthesis
- How the reactants are obtained
- The structure of the leaf: epidermis, waxy cuticle, palisade mesophyll, spongy mesophyll, guard cells and stomata
- Xylem and phloem
- Role of the stomata
- Structure of the chloroplast
- Factors affecting the rate of photosynthesis
*Note: the light dependent and independent reactions of photosynthesis are NOT covered in this lesson – this content is in my , which are suitable for honors / AP Biology courses. These Doodle Notes are an overview of the big picture of photosynthesis.
My Photosynthesis Doodle Notes include:
- 3 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A completed example
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Would you love to have Google Slides activities for this lesson? You can get them and my doodle notes in my Photosynthesis Bundle for extra value!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.