Photosynthesis Reactions Google Slides
Students can really struggle with understanding the light-dependent and light-independent reactions of photosynthesis – there is A LOT going on! These Google Slides help students visualize and understand each stage, with clear diagrams and full information sheets included. Phew!
The reactions of photosynthesis can be hard for students to grasp. These Google Slides activities break down the light-independent reaction and Calvin Cycle into manageable chunks.
For each reaction, students will read an information sheet with a clear diagram. They’ll then complete follow-up activities and questions to check their understanding of each process. There is even a fun summary crossword for students to complete using their mastery of the photosynthesis reactions!
All of the diagrams are created by me, to ensure the level of information is suitable for High School and Advanced Biology courses. Take a look at the preview to see these in more detail.
Animated answer slides are included for you, and there is a Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress. It’s self-grading so there’s no extra work for you.
- Review of photosynthesis basics*
- Locations of the light-dependent and light-independent reactions (the Calvin Cycle)
- The stages of the light-dependent and light-independent reactions and how these two reactions are linked
- Alternative methods of photosynthesis: CAM and C4 pathways of photosynthesis
*Note: it is expected that students have already learnt about the “big picture” of photosynthesis, e.g. the reactants and products, where it occurs, structure of chloroplasts, etc. – if you have not yet covered this, please view my .
My Photosynthesis Reactions Google Slides and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 30 slides of engaging activities, including:
- sentence match-up
- labeling diagrams
- completing descriptions of the stages of reactions
- research task
- summary crossword
- and more!
- Note: some of the activities have multiple versions for differentiation
- Student Information sheets: 2 documents covering the steps of the light-dependent and light-independent reactions. These are available as a Google Doc and a PDF option to share with your students
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 20 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. Images are used to support some of the questions. There are 15 questions in total
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
Required prior knowledge:
To be able to fully understand this lesson, students should have already covered these concepts:
- – where the reactants come from, basic equations, importance etc.
- – chloroplasts, membranes, etc.
- – knowledge of ions, atoms, protons, electrons, chemical formula of water, etc.
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
And that’s it, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Photosynthesis Reactions Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
Are you looking for a ready to use activity for lessons tomorrow? Buy now and take the evening off for yourself.