Phylogenetic Trees Doodle Notes
These phylogenetic trees Doodle Notes are a wonderful and succinct review. Your students will love coloring and labeling the parts of a phylogenetic tree, and creating their own tree using derived traits! These are low prep – just print a class set and you are done.
Planning a review lesson? Save your time, with these ready to use phylogenetic trees Doodle Notes!
Students will shade, highlight, circle and label their evolutionary tree, before creating their own using derived traits. There is a fun doodle challenge to show the accumulation of derived traits!
There are multiple versions of the Doodle Notes for easy differentiation. Use the scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks version to support students or the open response version to challenge students. There are also color versions for digital assignments. Doodle Notes are perfect for reviews, sub plans, homework assignments, and test prep.
My Doodle Notes are super low prep – just print and go! You’ll get a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students or let them check their answers.
- Terminology – phylogenetic tree / evolutionary tree / cladogram
- What phylogenetic trees can show us
- The parts of phylogenetic trees: clades, nodes, branches, common ancestors, taxa
- How to read and analyze a phylogenetic tree
- How to create a phylogenetic tree using derived traits
My Phylogenetic Trees Doodle Notes include:
- 2 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A completed example
- An answer key presentation – Google Slides & Powerpoint options
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Want extra value and more activities? Get these Doodle Notes AND my Google Slides activities & quiz in the Phylogenetic Trees Bundle at a discounted price!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.