Population Growth Doodle Notes
Looking for a way to make population growth *yawn* more exciting in class? Doodle Notes are a firm student favorite, and these are no exception! Beautifully illustrated and packed with important information, they are great for reviews.
Fun and engaging, my population growth Doodle Notes are perfect for your review lesson.
They help to make this subject more exciting for your students, with custom graphics and condensed notes. Graphs of the different types of population growth curves will help students visualize how populations change. Predator-prey cycles and survivorship curves are covered, along with limiting factors and types of competition.
There are multiple versions for easy differentiation. Use the scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks version to support students, or the open response version to challenge students. And the color version can be used for digital assignments, with a PDF markup tool like Kami.
My Doodle Notes are low prep – just print and go! They work great for reviews, sub plans, homework assignments, and test prep. There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students, or let them check their answers.
- Definition of population
- Importance of tracking population growth
- Measurements of populations: population size, population density, population dispersion patterns
- Types of population growth curves: logistic and exponential
- Analyzing population growth curves
- Human population growth
- Limiting factors: density-dependent limiting factors and density-independent limiting factors
- Types of competition: intraspecific and interspecific competition
- Predator-prey cycles
- Survivorship curves
My Population Growth Doodle Notes include:
- 3 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A completed example
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Would you love to have Google Slides activities for this lesson? You can get them and my doodle notes in my Population Growth Bundle for extra value!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You’re working so hard – let me plan your review for you so you can get some time back for yourself.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.