Properties of water can seem a little “dry” or “boring” to students. These Google Slides will bring this topic to life for your students!
Packed with engaging activities, fun clipart and real life photographs, these activities are not just engaging – they are rigorous. Perfect for High School Biology and Advanced Biology Unit 1 Chemistry of Life. Tasks include rearranging water molecules to show how they can dissolve ionic substances, highlighting text passages, an optional floating paperclip lab, open response questions and more! This lesson is low prep for you – simply assign on Google Classroom.
There are full answer slides so students can correct their work.
And there is a Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress – it’s self grading, so there’s no extra work for you.
- Structure of water – elements, bonding, molecular structure
- Properties of water and importance of each one to living things. Including:
- High specific heat capacity
- High latent heat of vaporization
My Properties of Water Google Slides Activities and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 21 slides of engaging activities, including:
- learning 10 interesting things about water
- text passages of key information for each property
- rearranging water molecules to dissolve ionic substances
- an optional floating paperclip lab
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work.
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress.
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource.
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
And now you can relax and do something else – your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to go with this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Properties of Water Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. There are links to two YouTube videos – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your district/school.
Teachers spend too much time outside of school planning lessons. Take back your free time with this ready-to-use lesson.