Engaging and interactive, these are the perfect Google Slides Activities to help your students learn all about selective breeding and artificial selection.
Including drag & drop rabbits to illustrate the process of selective breeding, choosing cows to breed to produce particular traits, and an article and questions to evaluate the ethics of selective breeding in chickens. Animated answer slides are included so you can ask students for their thoughts before revealing the correct answer. Alternatively, you can easily upload the answers to Google Classroom for students to self-check their work.
The Google Forms Quiz lets you easily check student progress – it’s self grading, so there’s no extra work involved.
- The purpose of selective breeding
- How selective breeding occurs
- Examples of selective breeding
- The ethics of selective breeding (specific examples)
My Selective Breeding Google Slides and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 12 slides of engaging activities, including:
- an Emmatheteachie video to illustrate the process of selective breeding
- drag & drop rabbits to build up the process of selective breeding
- a research task
- an article and questions about selective breeding in chickens
- student thought activity
- and more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including two images to support questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
Et voilà, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Selective Breeding Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. The video is hosted on YouTube – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
You’re busy juggling a million things – let me take lesson planning off your plate. Download my ready to use resources instantly and get your time back.