Specialized Cells Bundle
Looking for ready to use resources? Grab my time-saving specialized cells lesson bundle now – engaging Google Slides activities, fun Doodle Notes and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz. Simply assign and print!
Engaging and low prep resources for your specialized cells lesson!
This bundle of resources is a wonderful way to teach students about different types specialized cells. In the Google Slides activities, students will watch an illustrated Emma the Teachie video to learn about types of specialized cells. They’ll then label and describe the structure and function of each type of specialized cell. And there is a fun review crossword at the end!
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Then you can easily assess student progress with the self-grading Google Forms Quiz. There are images to support some questions and increase engagement.
There are answer slides and with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Specialized Cells Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 12 slides of engaging activities – there are two versions of the slides: the first contains scaffolded “fill-in-the-blanks” for supporting students through the specialized cell examples, and the second is open response for more challenge.
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress – including 2 images of specialized cells
- Doodle Notes: 3 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
Specialized cells covered:
- Sperm cells
- Neuron / nerve cells
- Muscle cells
- Root hair cells
- Phloem cells
- Xylem cells
- There is also a research slide so your students can learn about whichever extra specialized cells you want them to!
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it, your lesson prep is done – easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. There are links to YouTube videos – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Is it Friday yet? Get this ready-to-use lesson and make your week a little bit easier!