Stem Cells Bundle
Do you need a lesson for tomorrow? Skip the prep with my stem cells lesson bundle. Fun Google Slides activities, engaging Doodle Notes and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz – ready to download at the click of a button!
Google Slides activities, Google Forms Quiz and Doodle Notes for your stem cells lesson!
This bundle is low prep and maximum engagement, with custom clipart to bring stem cells to life. Students will learn about what stem cells are, the different types, medical and research uses and consider the ethical side of their use. The Google Slides activities are varied and clearly explained.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Then you can easily assess student progress with the self-grading Google Forms Quiz. There are images to support some questions and increase engagement.
All of these resources come with answers and handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom. These resources are a wonderful addition to any Biotechnology or Cells unit.
My Stem Cells Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 17 slides of engaging activities, including:
- introductory videos
- labelling to show what stem cells can do
- deciding which medical/research applications are possible with stem cells
- researching types of stem cells
- comparing stem cells in a Venn diagram
- completing a crossword puzzle
- considering their own ethical views on the use of embryos in stem cell research
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some questions
- Doodle Notes: 3 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color, plus a completed example
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- What stem cells are
- Keywords: totipotent, pluripotent, multipotent, unipotent, differentiation
- Types of stem cells – adult stem cells, embryonic stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells
- Medical and research applications of stem cells
- Ethics of using embryos in stem cell research
- Cord blood stem cells
- Therapeutic cloning (optional, as this is quite complex for students & not suited to lower grades)
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Taking too much school work home? Let me help you with my ready-to-use biology resources and enjoy having more time to do what you love.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.