The Structure of DNA Bundle
Need a lesson for tomorrow? My Structure of DNA bundle is here for you. Interactive Google Slides, beautifully illustrated Doodle Notes and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz – all ready to use.
Google Slides activities, Google Forms Quiz and Doodle Notes for the Structure of DNA! This bundle is zero prep and maximum engagement. Custom clipart is used to help students easily visualize DNA’s structure. They’ll drag and drop nucleotides to build their own DNA, match up complimentary bases, describe the DNA discoveries of scientists & much more!
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
- Student Google Slides Activities: 15 slides of engaging activities, including*:
- labeling a nucleotide diagram
- drag and drop to build DNA
- matching Scientists to their DNA studies and pictures of these
- a word fill
- drag and drop to match complementary base pairs
- correcting a student’s answer
- and more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some questions
- Doodle Notes: 2 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color, plus a completed example
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use these resources
- Location of DNA
- Structure of DNA – components of a nucleotide, complementary base pairs, bonding, double helix
- DNA studies / discoveries – Miescher, Levene, Chargaff, Franklin, Watson & Crick
- Application of Chargaff’s rule
- Keywords: Nucleus, Chromosomes, Gene, Nucleotide, Polynucleotide chain, Nitrogenous base, Deoxyribose, Phosphate group, Double helix, Hydrogen bond, Phosphodiester bond.
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again? Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.