The Structure of DNA Google Slides
Ready to use Google Slides for the Structure of DNA. These no prep slides have engaging activities, including building a DNA strand and matching up DNA discoveries!
Interactive and engaging Google Slides activities for the structure of DNA and historic DNA studies by Scientists.
Your students will love using drag and drop nucleotides to build their DNA molecule! With clear directions and bright imagery, the structure of DNA is brought to life in this interactive digital INB. There are two versions of four of the tasks for easy differentiation to support and challenge your students! Animated answer slides are included so you can ask students for their thoughts before revealing the correct answer. Alternatively, you can easily upload the answers to Google Classroom for students to self-check their work.
The Google Forms Quiz lets you easily check student progress – it’s self grading, so there’s no extra work for you.
- Location of DNA
- Structure of DNA – components of a nucleotide, complementary base pairs, bonding, double helix
- DNA studies and discoveries – Miescher, Levene, Chargaff, Watson & Crick (mention of Franklin but not covered in depth)
- Application of Chargaff’s rule
- Student Google Slides Activities: 15 slides of engaging activities, including*:
- labeling a nucleotide diagram
- drag and drop to build DNA
- matching Scientists to their DNA studies and pictures of these
- a word fill
- drag and drop to match complementary base pairs
- correcting a student’s answer
- and more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
Four of the Google Slides tasks have two versions for easy differentiation.
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
And that’s it – lesson prep = done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Structure of DNA Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
Is it Friday yet? Get this ready-to-use lesson and make your week a little bit easier!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.