Bring Meiosis to life for your students with these engaging Doodle Notes.
These are low prep for you and include easy differentiation options. Choose from fill-in-the-blank version, open response, color, and black & white options! Do you students love to draw? Use the blank meiosis diagrams version. Not very artsy? Use the completed diagrams versions!
And there is a completed example so you can easily model the Doodle Notes for students!
- The purpose / benefits of meiosis
- Phases of meiosis I and II
- Crossing over
- Independent assortment
- Key terms covered: homologous chromosomes, chromatids, chiasma / chiasmata, sister and non-sister chromatids and recombinant chromosomes.
3 illustrated pages in the following versions:
Black and white
Color – assign digitally with a PDF editor extension, e.g. Kami
Scaffolded versions – fill in the blanks (color and black & white)
Blank meiosis diagram versions (color and black & white)
A completed example
And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Want extra value and more activities? Get these Doodle Notes AND my Google Slides activities in the Meiosis Bundle at a discounted price!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Take a break from lesson planning with these ready-to-use Doodle Notes – you deserve it.