Mendel and Punnett Squares Bundle
Looking for ready to use resources? Grab my time-saving Mendel and Punnet Squares lesson now – engaging Google Slides activities, fun Doodle Notes and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz. Your students will love these colorful and engaging resources!
Let me plan your Mendel and Punnett Squares lesson for you – go on, take a break!
Your students will love the Google Slides activities, which include interactive Punnett Squares with drag and drop phenotypes! They’ll also define important genetics keywords, watch a video or read an article, and identify genotypes! These slides are bright and engaging, with custom graphics used to help students understand concepts.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity. They can also be used for sub plans, homework assignments, and test prep. Then you can use the Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress – it is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Mendel and Punnett Squares Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 16 slides of engaging activities, including:
- an article to read
- 7 fun Punnett Square Problems with drag and drop phenotypes
- a video to watch
- highlighting a text passage
- keyword definitions
- sorting genotypes
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some questions
- Doodle Notes: 3 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- Mendel – who he was, his experiments & discoveries and why his work wasn’t understood at the time it was published
- Keywords: gene, allele, dominant, recessive, genotype, phenotype, homozygous, heterozygous.
- How to construct and use a Punnett Square / Monohybrid Cross, with lots of practice problems
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again?! Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.