Genetics and Heredity Big Unit Bundle
Oh my goodness, this big bundle will save you so much time! These are ready to use resources that your students will LOVE! No prep Google Slides activities, fun and easy to use Doodle Notes, and a self-grading quiz for every lesson. Your genetics unit = prepped!
Let me help you save some time, with this big bundle for your genetics unit!
Your students will LOVE these interactive Google Slides – they are packed with fun activities and are bright and engaging. Tasks include interactive Punnett Squares and dihybrid crosses, drag & drop phenotypes, inheritance pictionary, and more! The slides are bright and colorful, with custom graphics to bring concepts to life for students. And you can choose how to assign the slides – as individual lessons, or you can use the whole unit digital interactive notebook.
Once students have completed the Google Slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review. These come in multiple versions, so you can easily differentiate for your students and grade levels. And to prep, all you need to do is print a class set of the notes.
Every lesson comes with a Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress – these are self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
These are done-for-you, ready to use resources. Save your time and take a break – you deserve it!
My Genetics and Heredity Big Unit Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: engaging and interactive activities for every lesson – these are provided as both individual lessons (for teachers who wish to assign lessons one-by-one) or as a whole digital interactive notebook (for teachers who wish to assign the whole unit in one notebook) – choose the format that works best for you and your students
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quizzes: 5 self-grading quizzes to let you easily check student progress. Questions are supported by images where suitable
- Doodle Notes: in multiple versions for easy differentiation:
Open response versions – to challenge your students
Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support your students
Black and white versions – perfect for coloring in
Colored versions – assign digitally with a PDF mark-up tool, e.g. Kami
- Plus, there is a completed example to model the notes for students, and to let them check their answers
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use these resources in your classroom
- Mendel and Punnett Squares: Mendel’s experiments and discoveries, genetics keywords, how to construct and use a Punnett square/monohybrid cross
- Dihybrid Crosses: how to construct and use dihybrid crosses to work out the probability of offspring phenotype
- Non-Mendelian Inheritance: codominance, incomplete dominance, multiple alleles, polygenic inheritance, pleiotropy, lethal alleles
- Sex-linked Traits: autosomal and sex chromosomes, inheritance of sex, what sex-linked traits are, how they are inherited, and examples
- Pedigrees: the purpose of pedigrees, how to construct and analyze pedigree charts, pedigrees and X-linked traits.
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDFs to make copies of the Google Slides and Quizzes for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP files to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which versions you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lessons are prepped!
Please note: These resources are digital downloads – no physical products will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. There are some links to YouTube – please check YouTube is not restricted by your school. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You deserve a life outside of school. Take some time back for yourself with my done-for-you Genetics Unit.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.