Save hours of your time with these Mendel and Punnett Squares Google Slides.
These activities for Google Slides are the perfect introduction to genetics. Your students will learn about Mendel’s experiments and discoveries, identify keywords, and complete structured Punnett Square problems with drag and drop pieces! The slides are bright and beautifully illustrated, and will engage your students in their learning.
Activities are clearly explained, along with any technical tips required, so you can focus on teaching.
There are answer slides and a Google Forms Quiz to check student progress. This is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
- Mendel’s experiments and discoveries
- Keywords: gene, allele, dominant, recessive, genotype, phenotype, homozygous, heterozygous.
- How to construct and use a Punnett Square/Monohybrid Cross
My Mendel and Punnett Squares Google Slides Activities and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 16 slides of engaging activities, including:
- an article to read
- YouTube video
- highlighting a text passage
- keyword definitions
- practice drag and drop
- 7 fun Punnett Square Problems with drag and drop phenotypes
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
And that’s it, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Mendel and Punnett Squares Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
You’re busy juggling a million things – let me take lesson planning off your plate. Download my ready to use resources instantly and get your time back.