Speciation and Extinction Google Slides
Need a lesson for tomorrow? My speciation and extinction Google Slides are here for you. Interactive Google Slides, beautifully illustrated Doodle Notes and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz – all ready to use! Just assign on your Google Classroom and relax.
Save hours of your time with this ready to use set of Google Slides for speciation and extinction!
These are bright and engaging slides, with custom graphics to bring concepts to life. Your students will learn about the processes of allopatric and sympatric speciation before examining causes of extinction. Interactive activities include drag & drop words to form a definition of a species, drawing lines to match up prezygotic barriers, creating a timeline of mass extinction events, identifying causes of extinction in real life examples of extinction, and much more.
Activities are clearly explained, along with any technical tips required, so you can focus on teaching.
There are answer slides and a Google Forms Quiz to check student progress. This is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
- Definitions of species, speciation, reproductive isolation
- Prezygotic barriers
- Postzygotic barriers
- Allopatric speciation – process and example
- Sympatric speciation – process and example
- Definition of extinction
- Causes of extinction
- Timeline of mass extinctions
My Speciation and Extinction Google Slides Activities and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 21 slides of engaging activities, including:
- reading passages
- allopatric speciation storyboard
- sympatric speciation example and questions
- match ups
- mass extinction timeline
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
Et voilà, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Speciation and Extinction Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
You’re busy juggling a million things – let me take lesson planning off your plate. Download my ready to use resources instantly and get your time back.