Evolution and Classification Unit Bundle Google Slides
Save yourself countless hours with these evolution and classification Google Slides. They are packed with engaging and ready to use activities that your students will love! All you need to do is assign them to your Google Classroom – lesson prep = done!
Do you need something that is digital ready and zero prep? This Evolution and Classification DINB will save you TONS of time, with ready to use Google Slides activities. These are interactive, engaging and designed for progress. Every lesson comes with full answers and a self-grading Google Forms quiz. Custom clipart is used to bring the unit to life. Tasks are clearly explained, along with tech tips so you can focus on teaching. A teacher guidance document will take you through everything you need to get started with my Evolution and Classification Digital INB.
My Evolution and Classification Google Slides Unit Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: engaging and interactive activities for every lesson – these are provided as both individual lessons (for teachers who wish to assign lessons one-by-one) or as a whole digital interactive notebook (for teachers who wish to assign the whole unit in one notebook) – choose the format that works best for you and your students
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quizzes: 5 self-grading quizzes to let you easily check student progress. Questions are supported by images where suitable
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use these resources – there is also some guidance to help you decide if you want to use the whole digital INB or the individual lessons
- Evolution and Natural Selection: Definition of evolution, The story of Charles Darwin – Alfred Wallace is also mentioned, The theory of natural selection – process and examples, Types of selection – stabilizing, directional and disruptive, Other mechanisms of evolution – genetic drift (including the founder and bottleneck effects) and gene flow.
- Evidence for Evolution: Homologous, analogous and vestigial structures, Embryonic development patterns, Fossils, Biogeography, Molecular evidence (genome sequencing and comparison of DNA).
- Speciation and Extinction: Definitions of species, speciation, reproductive isolation, Prezygotic and Postzygotic barriers, Allopatric speciation – process and example, Sympatric speciation – process and example, Definition of extinction, Causes of extinction, Timeline of mass extinctions
- Classification and Dichotomous keys: What classification is, A brief history of classification – Aristotle and Linnaeus, Levels of classification – Domain, kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species, Characteristics of each domain and kingdom – archaea, bacteria, protista, fungi, animalia, plantae, The importance of species names – binomial nomenclature, Modern classification, How to use a dichotomous key, How to create a dichotomous key
- Phylogenetic Trees: Terminology – phylogenetic tree / evolutionary tree / cladogram, What phylogenetic trees can show us, The parts of phylogenetic trees: clades, nodes, branches, common ancestors, taxa, How to read and analyze a phylogenetic tree, How to create a phylogenetic tree using derived traits
Check out the individual products to see exactly what you’ll get & the content covered in each!
Benefits of my Google Slides Activities and Quizzes:
- They are practically zero prep – simply check over the slides and assign to Google Classroom
- They promote independence – students can get stuck into tasks quickly
- With vibrant colors and illustrations, students can really visualize the topic and interact with it
- Students will develop their technical skills through interactive tasks
- They bring technology into the classroom in an accessible and easy way, with clear instructions for teachers and students
Get rigorous and fun lessons for your biochemistry and macromolecules unit at amazing value!
How do I use the Google Slides and Quizzes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDFs to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quizzes to your students on Google Classroom
Ta-da, your lesson prep is done!
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. There are some links to YouTube videos – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Get ahead on your lesson planning with this unit of activities and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.