Evolution and Natural Selection Bundle
Do you need a lesson for tomorrow? Skip the prep with my evolution and natural selection lesson bundle. Fun Google Slides activities, engaging Doodle Notes and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz – ready to download at the click of a button!
Engaging and fun resources to help your students learn all about evolution and natural selection!
The Google Slides are bright and visually stimulating for students. They are packed with a variety of activities, including: a natural selection storyboard to show how giraffes evolved their long necks, an article about Darwin, drag & drop moths and follow-up questions, and much more!
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity. They can also be used for sub plans, homework assignments, and test prep. Then you can use the Google Forms Quiz to assess student progress. It’s self-grading, so there is no extra work for you!
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Evolution and Natural Selection Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 26 slides of engaging activities, including:
- an article about Darwin
- natural selection video
- storyboard example
- research task on the types of selection
- true or false summary
- drag and drop to create examples of genetic drift and gene flow
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support some of the questions
- Doodle Notes: 3 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 6 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- Definition of evolution
- The story of Charles Darwin – Alfred Wallace is also mentioned
- The theory of natural selection – process and examples
- Types of selection – stabilizing, directional and disruptive
- Other mechanisms of evolution – genetic drift (including the founder and bottleneck effects) and gene flow.
Students should already have an understanding of genetics and heredity, including genes, alleles, mutations and meiosis.
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. There are two videos that are hosted on YouTube – please check that YouTube is enabled by your school/district before completing your purchase. There is also a link to for the research task on types of selection – please check your students can access that or that you have an alternative if they cannot. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Taking too much school work home? Let me help you with my ready-to-use biology resources and enjoy having more time to do what you love.