Classification and Dichotomous Keys Doodle Notes
A fun set of Doodle Notes to help your students review classification and dichotomous keys. Beautifully illustrated, hands-on, and ready to use! Download and print today.
Let me save you time with this ready to use review!
Fun and engaging, these classification and dichotomous keys doodle notes are packed with illustrations and activities. Including devising a mnemonic for the classification hierarchy, describing the characteristics of domains and kingdoms, and creating a fun monster dichotomous key! Students love doodle notes and they make a great review or homework assignment.
There are multiple versions for easy differentiation. Use the scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks version to support students, or the open response version to challenge students. You can use the color versions for digital assignments with a PDF markup tool like Kami.
My Doodle Notes are low prep – just print and go! There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students or let them check their answers.
- What classification is
- Brief history of classification
- Levels of classification – Domain, kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species
- Characteristics of each domains and kingdom – archaea, bacteria, protista, fungi, animalia, plantae
- The importance of species names – binomial nomenclature
- Using and creating a dichotomous key
My Classification and Dichotomous Keys Doodle Notes include:
- 4 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A completed example
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Want extra value and more activities? Get these Doodle Notes AND my Google Slides activities & quiz in the Classification and Dichotomous Keys Bundle at a discounted price!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.