My introduction to ecology Google Slides are the perfect start to your unit, covering characteristics of life, levels of ecological organization, and biotic and abiotic factors.
The Google Slides activities are designed to be interactive, with drag and drop sorting tasks, matching keywords to definitions, completing a summary crossword and much more! Custom graphics and real life images are used to bring ecology to life for your students.
Activities are clearly explained, along with any technical tips required, so you can focus on teaching.
There are answer slides and a Google Forms Quiz to check student progress. This is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
- What ecology is
- Characteristics of life (plus exceptions / curious cases)
- Biotic and abiotic factors in ecosystems
- Levels of ecological organization – organisms, populations, communities, ecosystems and the biosphere
My Introduction to Ecology Google Slides and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 21 slides of engaging activities, including:
- defining the characteristics of life (three versions of this activity for differentiation)
- sorting levels of organization
- labeling biotic and abiotic factors with a custom YouTube video to support this
- a keyword crossword
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. Images are used to support some of the questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
Et voilà, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Introduction to Ecology Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. There is a link to one of my YouTube videos – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
You’re busy juggling a million things – let me take lesson planning off your plate. Download my ready to use resources instantly and get your time back.