Introduction to Ecology Bundle
Get your ecology unit off to a great start, with my introduction to ecology lesson! This is a ready to use lesson that is low prep for you. There are interactive Google Slides activities, fun Doodle Notes, and a self-grading quiz – ready to download at the click of a button!
Save your time with this ready to use bundle for your introduction to ecology lesson.
Your students will love the bright and engaging Google Slides, taking them through the basic concepts of ecology. They are packed with interactive activites, including drag and drop sorting tasks, labeling, a custom video, a keyword crossword, and more. Students will learn about what ecology is, the characteristics of life, biotic and abiotic factors and the levels of organization in ecology.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity. They can also be used for sub plans, homework assignments, and test prep. Then you can use the Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress – it is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Introduction to Ecology Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 21 slides of engaging activities, including:
- defining the characteristics of life (three versions of this activity for differentiation)
- sorting levels of organization
- labeling biotic and abiotic factors with a custom YouTube video to support this
- a keyword crossword
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. Images are used to support some of the questions
- Doodle Notes: 3 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 6 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- What ecology is and why it is important to study it
- Characteristics of life
- Biotic and abiotic factors in ecosystems
- Levels of ecological organization – organisms, populations, communities, ecosystems and the biosphere
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. There is a link to one of my YouTube videos – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again?! Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.