Biogeochemical Cycles Bundle
You could spend hours planning your biogeochemical cycles lesson – why not save your time with this ready-to-use lesson? Google Slides, information sheets, Doodle Notes, and a self-grading quiz – these are low prep resources that your students will love!
A fabulous, ready-to-use lesson for biogeochemical cycles! These will save you hours of lesson planning.
These resources cover the carbon cycle, water cycle, nitrogen cycle and phosphorus cycle. Students will read and highlight an information sheet about the four biogeochemical cycles. They’ll then work through the Google Slides activities, labeling a diagram of each cycle. There are follow-up tasks, including true or false statements, a summary crossword, and more. All of the activities are clearly explained, so students can work independently, and you have time to support the students who need it.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity. They can also be used for sub plans, homework assignments, and test prep. Then you can use the Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress – it is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
Answers are included for every resource, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Biogeochemical Cycles Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 28 slides of engaging activities, including:
- labeling diagrams of each cycle (there are multiple versions for differentiation)
- matching elements to their importance in living organisms
- true or false statements
- a summary crossword
- plus more!
- Student Information Sheet: 4 sheets of information – 1 for each cycle – for students to read and highlight key concepts
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 20 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. Images are used to support some of the questions
- Doodle Notes: 4 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- What biogeochemical cycles are
- The processes and groups of organisms involved in each cycle
- Cycles covered:
- The Carbon cycle
- The Water Cycle
- The Nitrogen Cycle
- The Phosphorus Cycle
- The importance of each element/nutrient to living organisms
- The process of eutrophication
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again?! Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.