Classification and Dichotomous Keys Bundle
Grab ready to use resources with my classification and dichotomous keys lesson bundle. Interactive Google Slides activities, beautifully illustrated Doodle Notes and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz. These are low prep and ready to download instantly.
Save your time today with this ready-to-use lesson for classification and dichotomous keys.
Classification can seem dull to students – here, it is brought to life with interesting examples and engaging graphics! Students will love creating their own dichotomous keys for dinosaurs and monsters! This bundle is low prep and maximum engagement. The Google Slides activities are varied and clearly explained. They include identifying mystery species, matching up domains, completing a classification word fill, and more!
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Plus, a self-grading Google Forms Quiz lets you easily assess student progress. Images are used to support questions and increase engagement.
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Classification and Dichotomous Keys Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 24 slides of engaging activities, including:
- creating a classification mnemonic
- identifying a mystery species
- domain match up
- identifying kingdoms as prokaryotic or eukaryotic
- using two dichotomous keys
- creating a dinosaur dichotomous key
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. Images are used to support some questions
- Doodle Notes: 4 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- What classification is
- Brief history of classification – Aristotle and Linnaeus
- Levels of classification – Domain, kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species
- Characteristics of each domains and kingdom – archaea, bacteria, protista, fungi, animalia, plantae
- The importance of species names – binomial nomenclature
- Modern classification
- How to use a dichotomous key
- How to create a dichotomous key
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again?! Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.