Classification and Dichotomous Keys Google Slides
Grab this ready to use set of Google Slides! These activities help your students learn about classification and how to use dichotomous keys. They are bright, engaging, and easy to use, with answer slides and a teacher guide.
Grab these no prep classification and dichotomous keys Google Slides and enjoy a break!
Your students will learn about taxonomy through a variety of activities, including a drag and drop hierarchy, researching mystery species, using dichotomous keys, and even creating their own key using dinosaurs! The slides are bright and engaging, and custom graphics are used.
The activities are clearly explained, and technical tips are included where needed – so you can focus on teaching!
There are answer slides and a Google Forms Quiz to check student progress. This is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
- What classification is
- Brief history of classification – Aristotle and Linnaeus
- Levels of classification – Domain, kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species
- Characteristics of each domains and kingdom – archaea, bacteria, protista, fungi, animalia, plantae
- The importance of species names – binomial nomenclature
- Modern classification
- How to use a dichotomous key
- How to create a dichotomous key
My Classification and Dichotomous Keys Google Slides Activities and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 24 slides of engaging activities, including:
- creating a classification mnemonic
- identifying a mystery species
- domain match up
- identifying kingdoms as prokaryotic or eukaryotic
- using two dichotomous keys
- creating a dinosaur dichotomous key
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. Images are used to support some questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
Et voilà, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Classification and Dichotomous Keys Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
Is it Friday yet? Get this ready to use lesson and make your week a little bit easier!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.