DNA Replication Google Slides
These Google Slides are custom illustrated to bring the process of DNA replication to life! This can be a tricky concept for students, but these activities break down DNA replication into clear stages. And there are two versions of the main task for easy differentiation.
Engaging Google Slides activities to bring the process of DNA replication to life!
Students will work through each stage of DNA replication, labelling and describing what is happening. There are three versions of the main task for easy differentiation. Students will also consider why DNA replication happens, analogies for each enzyme and why it is described as “semi-conservative”. This process can be a tricky concept for students, and these clear Google Slides activities will guide them through it.
Animated answer slides are included, along with a Google Forms Quiz. This is self-grading, so you can easily check student progress.
This resource is no prep – simply assign the Google Slides and Quiz on Google Classroom.
- Why DNA replication happens
- The process of DNA replication – enzymes and molecules included: helicase, topoisomerase, single-stranded binding proteins, RNA primase, primers, DNA polymerase, exonuclease, ligase. Note that I have structured the slides so that you can delete any stages and labels for enzymes that aren’t required for your curriculum.
- Why DNA replication is semi-conservative
My DNA Replication Google Slides Activities & Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 16 slides of engaging activities:
- There is a linked video* for students to understand the process,
- Then students go through each stage, labelling the diagram and describing it
- There are multiple versions of this – for easy differentiation.
- Other tasks include matching up enzymes to their pictures and analogies, and a summary crossword to check understanding.
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including a detailed image to support some of the questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
*The video is hosted on YouTube – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school/district.
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
And that’s it, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my DNA Replication Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
You deserve a break. Get this ready-to-use lesson and take some time for yourself!