DNA Replication Bundle
Looking for ready to use resources? Grab my time-saving DNA Replication bundle now – engaging Google Slides activities, fun Doodle Notes and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz. Simply assign and print and you are done!
Google Slides activities, Google Forms Quiz and Doodle Notes for DNA Replication! This bundle is zero prep and maximum engagement.
Custom clipart is used to help students easily visualize each stage of DNA replication. Students will label and describe each stage of the DNA replication process, consider why it happens and why it is a semi-conservative process. Once students have completed the Google Slides activities, the Doodle Notes make a wonderful review activity. These are illustrated to show the entire process of DNA replication on just one sheet. This really helps students see the big picture! There are multiple versions for easy differentiation, including a version with paper flaps that can be used to help students not get overwhelmed by the details.
Answers are included for every resource, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My DNA Replication Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 16 slides of engaging activities:
- There is a linked video* for students to understand the process,
- Then students go through each stage, labelling the diagram and describing it
- There are multiple versions of this – for easy differentiation.
- Other tasks include matching up enzymes to their pictures and analogies, and a summary crossword to check understanding.
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including a detailed image to support some of the questions
- Doodle Notes: 2 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 6 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, a paper flaps cut-and-paste version, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
*The video is hosted on YouTube – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school/district.
- Why DNA replication happens
- The process of DNA replication – enzymes and molecules included: helicase, topoisomerase, single-stranded binding proteins, RNA primase, primers, DNA polymerase, exonuclease, ligase. Note that I have structured the slides so that you can delete any stages and labels for enzymes that aren’t required for your curriculum.
- Why DNA replication is semi-conservative
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again? Let me help you with this ready-to-use bundle and enjoy having a life outside of school.