Osmosis Doodle Notes
Review osmosis with these beautiful Doodle Notes. Custom graphics help students clearly visualize what is happening during the process of osmosis. These are easy for you to use – just download and print a class set!
Save your time with this low prep set of osmosis Doodle Notes!
Osmosis can be a confusing concept for students. These Doodle Notes help to simplify this process using clear pictures. They are designed to be engaging and help students review their understanding of osmosis. There are multiple versions for easy differentiation. Use the scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks version to support students or the open response version to increase challenge. Assign the color versions for digital learning with a PDF editor like Kami or print them for high engagement.
My Doodle Notes are zero prep – just print and go! There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students or let them check their answers.
- Definition of osmosis
- What a semipermeable / partially permeable membrane is
- Diagram of osmosis
- Effect of osmosis in animal and plant cells – covering hypotonic, hypertonic and isotonic solutions
- Osmosis in action – example of osmosis in the gummy bear lab and watering a wilted plant
- Water potential – describing osmosis in terms of water potential (High school / AP Biology level – note, this section can easily be trimmed off the sheet – see preview for more detail).
My Osmosis Doodle Notes include:
- 3 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A “fewer doodles” version – for students to add their own pictures
- A completed example
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Would you love to have Google Slides activities for this lesson? You can get them and my doodle notes in my Osmosis Bundle for extra value!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You deserve a break. Get this ready-to-use set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself!