Protein Synthesis Google Slides
These Protein Synthesis Google Slides are engaging and embed a deep understanding of this process. They take students through the steps of transcription and translation through interactive activities, like dragging and dropping tRNA molecules to build up a polypeptide chain!
Are you looking for an interactive way to teach protein synthesis? These Google Slides will help students understand transcription and translation through engaging activities. These include drag and drop to build mRNA strands and then matching the tRNA molecules to the right codons! Students will complete activities for each part of protein synthesis, as well as look at a comparison of DNA to RNA to start. Your students will feel confident and challenged as they unravel codon charts, work out original DNA sequences and more!
Animated answer slides are included so you can ask students for their thoughts before revealing the correct answer. Alternatively, you can easily upload the answers to Google Classroom for students to self-check their work.
There is a Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress – it’s self grading, so there’s no extra work for you.
- Structure of RNA
- Comparison of RNA to DNA
- What protein synthesis is and why it is important
- The process of protein synthesis: transcription and translation
- Using mRNA codon charts to work out amino acids
My Protein Synthesis Google Slides Activities and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 19 slides of engaging activities including:
- DNA vs RNA Venn diagram
- a linked video* for students to learn about Protein Synthesis
- building an mRNA strand
- labeling a tRNA molecule,
- drag and drop tRNA molecules to build a polypeptide strand
- using codon charts
- and more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including a detailed image to support some of the questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
*The video is hosted on YouTube – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school/district.
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
And that’s it, your lesson is prepped – woohoo!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Protein Synthesis Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
Teachers spend too much time outside of school planning lessons. Take back your free time with this ready-to-use lesson!