DNA Replication Doodle Notes
An engaging set of Doodle Notes to help your students review the processes of DNA Replication. The clear illustrations help students see how it all links together, and there are multiple versions to easily differentiate for students!
DNA replication is a tricky concept – these Doodle Notes help your students see the big picture of this process, with each stage clearly illustrated!
There are multiple versions, including open response and scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks. There is also a version with paper flaps for students to cut and paste, making the process less overwhelming as they focus on one stage of the DNA replication at a time.
My Doodle Notes are low prep – just print and go! There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students or let them check their answers.
- Why DNA replication happens
- The process of DNA replication – enzymes and molecules included: helicase, topoisomerase, single-stranded binding proteins, RNA primase, primers, DNA polymerase, exonuclease, ligase.
- Why DNA replication is semi-conservative
- 2 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Paper flaps of each stage (+ modified notes showing where to glue the flaps)
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A completed example
- An answer key presentation – Google Slides & Powerpoint options
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Would you love to have Google Slides activities for this lesson? You can get them and my doodle notes in my DNA Replication Bundle for extra value!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.