Regulation of Gene Expression Doodle Notes
Help your students visualize the regulation of gene expression with these fun Doodle Notes! They are ready to use – just download and print a class set. These make a wonderful review and help to simplify a complicated topic.
Regulation of gene expression can seem a little dull and complicated – these fun Doodle Notes will help to bring this topic to life for your students!
Engaging doodles are used to show how different molecules interact with DNA and mRNA to control gene expression. Students will review transcription factors, interfering RNA, operons, DNA methylation and histone acetylation, all in 4 compact pages of Doodle Notes.
These are a wonderful way to review these concepts and are perfect for high school and AP Biology classes. Multiple versions of the notes are provided, including open response and scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks.
My Doodle Notes are low prep – just print and go! There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students or let them check their answers.
- What gene expression is and why it is important
- Mechanisms of regulating gene expression:
- Transcription factors
- DNA methylation
- Histone acetylation
- Operons – with the example of the lac operon
- Interfering RNA
*Please note: students should have a good understanding of the process of protein synthesis (transcription and translation) and knowledge of DNA’s structure before doing this lesson. If you haven’t covered these yet, see my and my here.
My Regulation of Gene Expression Doodle Notes include:
- 4 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- A completed example
- An answer key presentation – Google Slides & Powerpoint options
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Would you love to have Google Slides activities for this lesson? You can get them and my doodle notes in my Regulation of Gene Expression Bundle for extra value!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.