Speciation and Extinction Doodle Notes
Help students understand how species form and die out, with my speciation and extinction Doodle Notes. These are engaging and fun for students to complete – and best of all, they are low prep for you! Just print a class set of the notes and you are done!
These bright and fun doodle notes will bring speciation and extinction to life!
Your students will love filling in and coloring their notes. They cover allopatric and sympatric speciation, as well as prezygotic and postzygotic barriers to successful reproduction. The causes of extinction are explored, along with mass extinctions. This is a great review, and can also be used for sub plans, homework assignments, or test prep.
There are multiple versions for easy differentiation. Use the scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks version to support students or the open response version to challenge students. And the color version can be used for digital assignments with a PDF markup tool like Kami.
My Doodle Notes are low prep – just print and go! There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students, or to let them check their answers.
- Definitions of species and speciation
- Prezygotic barriers
- Postzygotic barriers
- Allopatric speciation – process and example
- Sympatric speciation – process and example
- Definition of extinction
- Causes of extinction
- Mass extinction events
My Speciation and Extinction Doodle Notes include:
- 3 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- Extra versions with completed extinction doodles, for students who prefer less drawing
- A completed example
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Want extra value and more activities? Get these Doodle Notes AND my Google Slides activities & quiz in the Speciation and Extinction Bundle at a discounted price!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.