Chemistry of Life Bundle
A fun lesson to review basic chemistry concepts. These Chemistry of Life resources are a great introduction to your biochemistry and macromolecules unit, with hands-on activities to check student understanding.
A lovely bundle of resources to teach the Chemistry of Life!
There are no-prep Google Slides activities, print-and-go Doodle Notes, and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz.
Together, these make the perfect introduction to your biochemistry / macromolecules unit. The Digital INB activities are fun and interactive, including labeling diagrams, a code cracker, highlighting functional groups, and more! Students will review the basics of chemistry including the structure of an atom, bonding, etc. and will be introduced to organic compounds and their functional groups.
Once students have completed the Google Slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Then assign Google Forms Quiz to easily assess student progress. It’s self-grading, so you don’t have any extra work!
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Chemistry of Life Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 20 slides of engaging activities, including:
- labeling an atom
- counting valence electrons
- drag and drop comparison table of covalent and ionic bonding
- organic compounds wordfill
- functional groups matchup/research activity (three of the activities have different versions for differentiation)
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 20 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. Images are used to support some of the questions. There are 12 questions in total.
- Doodle Notes: 3 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example
- Teacher guidance: how to assign and use each resource
- Parts of an atom
- Elements, compounds and mixtures
- Covalent and ionic bonding
- Importance of carbon in organic compounds / macromolecules
- Functional groups: formula, structure, properties, examples
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Trying to find that work-life balance? Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.