Biochemistry and Macromolecules Unit Bundle Doodle Notes
Bring macromolecules to life with these fun Doodle Notes! These are a perfect addition to your biochemistry and macromolecules unit. With multiple versions and a completed example, they are low prep – just print and go.
Fun and rigorous Doodle Notes for Biochemistry and Macromolecules units. These are low prep and easy to use!
This unit of Doodle notes covers a basic chemistry review, carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, nucleic acids, properties of water, and enzymes. Custom clipart brings each biological molecule to life and helps students to remember the concepts. My Doodle Notes are low prep and make differentiation easy, with both open response and scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions. They are a great resource for test prep, or a homework assignment to review learning.
These Doodle Notes are suitable for High School Biology and AP Biology courses.
Each set of Doodle Notes includes:
- An open response version for higher challenge
- A scaffolded version for support with fill-in-the-blanks
- Black and white versions, perfect for coloring in
- Colored versions – use with a PDF markup tool, e.g Kami
- A handy how-to-guide to get you started with Doodle Notes
- Chemistry of Life – Basic Chemistry Review: structure of an atom, elements, compounds and mixtures, covalent and ionic bonding with examples, organic molecules / macromolecules introduction – importance of carbon, functional groups – names, structures, formula and properties
- Carbohydrates: function of carbohydrates, monomers and polymers, monosaccharides, disaccharides, polysaccharides – linking structure to function, dehydration synthesis and hydrolysis reactions, isomers
- Lipids: fatty acids – structure, functional groups, saturated vs unsaturated, cis and trans fatty acids, Triglycerides – formation by condensation reaction, structure and function in the body, Phospholipids – structure and function in cells – brief look at the function of the cell membrane, Waxes and steroids – structure and function – examples of each, Cholesterol (a steroid) – LDL and HDL cholesterol, effect of too much cholesterol on diseases
- Proteins: amino acids – molecular structure and functional groups, essential amino acids, primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary protein structure, functions and examples of proteins
- Nucleic Acids: molecular structure of nucleotides, comparison of ribose and deoxyribose sugars, and simplified diagrams, structure of DNA and RNA – purines and pyrimidines, bonds involved, base pairing rules, functions of DNA and RNA
- Properties of Water: structure of water – elements, bonding, molecular structure, properties of water and importance of each one to living things. Including: polarity, solvent, cohesion, adhesion, density, high specific heat capacity, high latent heat of vaporization
- Enzymes: their role as a biological catalyst, activation energy graph, denaturation: causes and impact on enzyme action, lock and key and induced fit models of enzyme action, environmental factors that impact enzyme function. Including: pH, temperature, substrate concentration, enzyme concentration, competitive and non-competitive inhibitors, cofactors and coenzymes
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your review lessons are ready to go!
Please note: These resources are digital downloads – no physical products will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this unit of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.