My Google Slides are a perfect introduction to organic compounds and the chemistry of life!
This basic chemistry review covers key information, like the structure of an atom, bonding, functional groups, and the importance of carbon in macromolecules. Engaging Google Slides activities let students check their understanding, labeling an atom, highlighting functional groups with drag and drop shapes, and more!
Animated answer slides are included so you can ask students for their thoughts before revealing the correct answer. Alternatively, you can easily upload the answers to Google Classroom for students to self-check their work.
There is a Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress – it’s self grading, so there’s no extra work involved.
- Parts of an atom
- Elements, compounds and mixtures
- Covalent and ionic bonding
- Importance of carbon in organic compounds / macromolecules
- Functional groups: formula, structure, properties, examples
- Student Google Slides Activities: 20 slides of engaging activities, including:
- labeling an atom
- counting valence electrons
- drag and drop comparison table of covalent and ionic bonding
- organic compounds wordfill
- functional groups matchup/research activity (three of the activities have different versions for differentiation)
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 20 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. Images are used to support some of the questions. There are 12 questions in total.
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
And that’s it, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to go with this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Chemistry of Life Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
Take a break with this ready to use lesson – go on, you deserve it!