Dihybrid Crosses Bundle
Planning your dihybrid crosses lesson? Let me save you hours of time, with these ready to use resources! These are highly interactive, engaging, and rigorous, taking students through every step of constructing a dihybrid cross.
An amazing bundle of low prep resources for your dihybrid crosses lesson!
Dihybrid crosses can be daunting at first sight, but my animated example and engaging practice problems will help your students succeed! Using drag & drop phenotypes really helps students visualize and work through problems. They will love the bright slides and custom illustrations. Tasks are clearly explained for students, so they can get started independently.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity. These have three dihybrid crosses to complete – students will love adding doodles to represent phenotypes! The Doodle Notes can also be used for sub plans, homework assignments, and test prep.
Then you can use the Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress – it is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My Dihybrid Crosses Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 19 slides of engaging activities, including:
- a reading passage and questions
- using the FOIL method to work out parent gametes
- an animated example of a dihybrid cross
- and 5 practice problems with drag & drop phenotypes!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support questions
- Doodle Notes: 4 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource
Genetics content covered:
- Recap of the rules from Punnett Squares/Monohybrid Crosses
- How to construct and use Dihybrid Crosses to work out the probability of offspring phenotype
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Is it Friday yet? Get this ready-to-use lesson and make your week a little bit easier!