Skip the lecture and let students learn about pedigrees with these interactive Google Slides activities!
Animated slides will take students through the rules of pedigree charts. They’ll then using drag and drop to construct their own pedigrees. There are 7 practice problems, which start off easy and get progressively harder. This builds student confidence, which giving them a suitable level of challenge.
There are answer slides and a Google Forms Quiz to easily check student progress. This is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
This is one of my best-selling resources, with teachers like you loving how interactive the slides are!
- The purpose of pedigrees
- How to construct a pedigree
- How to analyze a pedigree
- Pedigrees and X-linked traits (these slides can easily be deleted if your students do not need to know about sex-linked traits).
Please note that the activities assume an understanding of heredity & Punnett Squares – if you have not yet taught this, please check out my Mendel and Punnett Squares Google Slides.
My Pedigrees Google Slides Activities and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 22 slides of engaging activities, including:
- animated slides of how pedigrees work
- 7 practice problems
- a video and questions on how pedigrees link to Punnett Squares
- a brief recap of sex-linked inheritance
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 15 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including two pedigree chart images to support questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
And now you can take a break, your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Pedigrees Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure this is not restricted by your district. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
Is it Friday yet? Get this ready to use lesson and make your week a little bit easier!