Genetics and Heredity Unit Bundle Doodle Notes
A whole unit of genetics Doodle Notes! These are beautifully illustrated and highly engaging – your students will love them! They are easy for you to use, with multiple versions and completed examples – all you need to do is download and print.
Bring Genetics and Heredity to life in your classroom with this Doodle Notes Bundle!
This can be a tricky topic for students, with some new skills involved in constructing genetic diagrams like Punnett Squares and Pedigrees. My genetics Doodle Notes boost student confidence, with clear steps and illustrated problems to help them visualize the content.
Each set of notes comes in multiple versions so you can easily differentiate for your students. Use the scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks version to support students, or the open response version to challenge students. The color versions are perfect for digital assignments.
My Doodle Notes are low prep – just print and go! They work great for reviews, sub plans, homework assignments, and test prep. There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students, or let them check their answers.
Students love Doodle Notes!
Each set of Doodle Notes includes:
- An open response version for higher challenge
- A scaffolded version for support with fill-in-the-blanks
- Black and white versions, perfect for coloring in
- Color versions – use with a PDF markup tool, e.g Kami
- A handy how-to-guide to get you started with Doodle Notes
- Mendel and Punnett Squares: Mendel’s experiments and discoveries, genetics keywords, how to construct and use a Punnett square/monohybrid cross
- Dihybrid Crosses: how to construct and use dihybrid crosses to work out the probability of offspring phenotype
- Non-Mendelian Inheritance: codominance, incomplete dominance, multiple alleles, polygenic inheritance, pleiotropy, lethal alleles
- Sex-linked Traits: autosomal and sex chromosomes, inheritance of sex, what sex-linked traits are, how they are inherited, and examples
- Pedigrees: how to construct and analyze pedigree charts
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your review lessons are ready to go!
Please note: These resources are digital downloads – no physical products will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You can’t pour from an empty cup. Grab this unit of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself today – you deserve it.