Sex-linked Traits Google Slides
Grab these no prep sex-linked traits Google Slides for your genetics unit! These are an engaging and active way for your students to learn about the inheritance of sex, and examples of sex-linked traits. All you need to do is assign them to students – easy!
Engaging Google Slides activities for your sex-linked traits lesson!
These Google Slides are bright and fun for students to complete. The activities include 6 practice problems for different sex-linked traits, illustrated tasks on the inheritance of sex, and a scaffolded “create your own problem”!
Activities are clearly explained, along with any technical tips required, so you can focus on teaching. Custom graphics are used to bring concepts to life and help students remember them.
There are answer slides and a Google Forms Quiz to check student progress. This is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you.
- Autosomal VS sex chromosomes
- Inheritance of sex
- Sex-linked traits – explanation & practice problems for X-linked recessive conditions
Please note that the activities assume an understanding of Punnett Squares – if you have not yet taught this, please check out my Mendel and Punnett Squares Google Slides.
My Sex-linked Traits Google Slides Activities and Quiz includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 17 slides of engaging activities, including:
- labelling diagrams
- answering questions
- filling in speech bubbles about inheritance of sex
- completing 6 practice problems with Punnett Squares
- creating a problem of their own!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress, including images to support questions
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use this resource
How do I use the Google Slides and Quiz?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resource
- Then you’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies for your own Google Drive
- Next, simply assign the slides and quiz to your students on Google Classroom
And now you can take a little break, as your lesson prep is done!
Would you love some Doodle Notes to review this lesson? You can get them for just $2 extra in my Sex-linked Traits Bundle.
Please note: You will need a Google Classroom set up for your students and each student will need their own device and an internet connection to access the Google Slides and Quiz. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited.
You’re busy juggling a million things – let me take lesson planning off your plate. Download my ready to use resources instantly and get your time back.