Engaging and fun resources for your enzymes lesson! This bundle includes interactive Google Slides, illustrated Doodle Notes, and a self-grading Google Forms Quiz – all ready for you to use immediately.
Google Slides activities, Google Forms Quiz and Doodle Notes for Enzymes. This no prep bundle is a great addition to your biomolecules / macromolecules unit.
Enzymes are brought to life with custom clipart that your students will love! The Google Slides activities include drag and drop substrates, drawing curves on enzyme graphs and more. Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Then you can assign the Google Forms Quiz to assess student progress. This is self-grading, so there is no extra work for you – yippee!
All answers are included, along with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
These resources are suitable for High School Biology and Advanced Biology courses, and cover enzymes and environmental impacts on enzymes in detail.
My Enzymes Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 26 slides of engaging activities, including:
- word fills
- drag and drop diagrams
- labeling graphs
- creating curves on graphs
- open response questions
- highlighting text passages
- plus more!
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 20 point quiz to let you easily check student progress. Images are used to support some of the questions. There are 16 questions in total.
- Doodle Notes: 4 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 5 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example & answer key presentation.
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use each resource.
- Enzyme structure: active site, allosteric site, tertiary structure. Note, students are expected to know about the tertiary structure of proteins and that various bonds are responsible for this – if you have not yet covered this, please
- Enzyme function: their role as a biological catalyst, activation energy, breaking down substrate molecules and joining substrate molecules
- Denaturation: causes and impact on enzyme action
- Models of enzymes: Lock and key and induced fit
- Environmental factors that impact enzyme function:
- Substrate concentration
- Enzyme concentration
- Inhibitors: competitive and non-competitive
- Cofactors and coenzymes
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it – your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again? Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.