Enzymes Doodle Notes
Beautifully illustrated enzymes Doodle Notes that you and your students will love. These are a low prep review – simply choose the version you want (yes, there are different versions for easy differentiation!) and print a class set.
Engaging and rigorous enzymes Doodle Notes! These scaffolded notes cover the action of enzymes and environmental impacts on enzyme function in a fun way. Custom clipart brings each concept to life. These doodle notes are a wonderful way to review enzymes and make a great test prep activity or homework assignment. There are multiple versions for easy differentiation. Use the scaffolded fill-in-the-blanks version to support students or the open response version to increase challenge. Assign the color versions for digital learning with a PDF editor like Kami or print them for high engagement.
This resource is suitable for High School Biology and Advanced Biology courses.
My Doodle Notes are zero prep – just print and go! There is a completed example to model the Doodle Notes for your students or let them check their answers.
- Enzyme structure: active site, allosteric site, tertiary structure. Note, students are expected to know about the tertiary structure of proteins and that various bonds are responsible for this – if you have not yet covered this, please view my Proteins Google Slides and Quiz.
- Enzyme function: their role as a biological catalyst, activation energy, breaking down substrate molecules and joining substrate molecules
- Denaturation: causes and impact on enzyme action
- Models of enzymes: Lock and key and induced fit
- Environmental factors that impact enzyme function:
- Substrate concentration
- Enzyme concentration
- Inhibitors: competitive and non-competitive
- Cofactors and coenzymes
- 4 illustrated pages in the following versions:
- Black and white
- Color – assign digitally with a PDF markup tool, e.g. Kami
- Scaffolded fill-in-the-blank versions – to support students
- Fewer doodles version – for students to add more of their own (black & white only)
- A completed example
- And a handy teacher guide
How do I use the Doodle Notes?
- After checkout, you can immediately download the Doodle Notes
- Then you’ll choose which version you want students to use
- Simply print one set of notes for each student
And that’s it, your lesson is ready to go!
Would you love to have Google Slides activities for this lesson? You can get them and my doodle notes in my Enzymes Bundle for extra value!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
You deserve a break. Get this ready-to-use set of Doodle Notes and take some time for yourself!
Leave a Reply