HIV and AIDS Bundle
Teaching a HIV and AIDS lesson? These resources are ready to use and contain all of the important information to help students learn about this disease. Download now and use in your classroom today.
These resources are all you need to teach a lesson on HIV and AIDS.
Students will watch a video about HIV and its progression to AIDS, before working through a variety of Google Slides activities, including identifying methods of transmission, creating a fact file, reordering the stages of infection, and more. These activities are designed to help students understand more about this disease in an insightful and clear way. All tasks are explained clearly and all info is provided for them.
Once students have completed the slides, the Doodle Notes are a perfect review activity or homework. Then you can easily check student understand with the self-grading Google Forms Quiz.
There are answer slides and with handy teacher guides so you know how to use these activities in your classroom.
My HIV and AIDS Lesson Bundle includes:
- Student Google Slides Activities: 12 slides of engaging activities, including:
- Watching an informative video about HIV and why it can’t be cured*
- Drag & drop pictures of the stages of HIV infection and their descriptions
- Labelling the structure of HIV
- Reading and highlight text passages
- Creating a fact file – 2 website links that include all necessary info
- Comprehension questions from a breastfeeding with HIV article
- And more.
- Answer Slides: animated for going through with the whole class, or you can set them on Google Classroom for students to check and correct their own work
- Google Forms Quiz: a self-grading 10 point quiz to let you easily check student progress
- Doodle Notes: 2 pages of engaging Doodle Notes, perfect for reviewing content – there are 4 versions, including scaffolded and color versions, plus a completed example & answer key presentation
- Teacher Guidance: how to assign and use these resources
- Methods of transmission
- What HIV does in the body
- Stages of infection and progression to AIDS
- How it can be prevented
- How it is treated
How do I use this bundle of resources?
- After checkout, you can immediately download your resources
- You’ll click the links in the PDF to make copies of the Google Slides and Quiz for your own Google Drive
- Simply assign these to your students on Google Classroom
- You’ll open the Doodle Notes ZIP file to see all of the versions of the Doodle Notes
- Pick which version you want students to complete and print one set for each student
And that’s it, your lesson prep is done!
Please note: This resource is a digital download – no physical product will be shipped. To assign the Google Slides and Quiz, you need a Google Classroom. Your students need their own device and an internet connection. *There is a link to a YouTube video – please ensure YouTube is not restricted by your school. Most clipart and questions are secured and cannot be edited. The answers can be edited. My Doodle Notes are secure PDF files and are not editable. Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more info.
Work-life balance – what is that again?! Let me help you with my ready to use biology resources and enjoy having a life outside of school.